How Will He Do It This Time?

This is the introduction to a story still in the making. I can't wait to see what God is going to do. On April 24, 2023, I received a huge shock: I was let go from my "dream job". Even with its challenges, I thought I would retire from this company. I loved the people and the job itself. I never saw it coming and it really threw me. With shakeups at the executive level came an increased focus on budget and a different approach to the business model and way of doing things. I did not get a severance package and lost my 50 hours of PTO. Then on top of it, I didn't get paid for unemployment because "they" claimed no wages were reported for me for 2022. In spite of me sending in my W-2 forms and filing weekly claims, I have yet to receive a dime from unemployment. (I've been trying to appeal but haven't had any luck getting any communication from the unemployment office) Fortunately, I had enough money in savings to last me a few months if I was careful. In the past, it has never taken me longer than a month or two to secure a job once I started seriously looking. So I decided to take advantage of the time off, grieve, regroups and pick myself up and take a couple of trips I had already planned. The first 2 ½ months were good. I was not worried. I enjoyed my time. Then I hit mid-month 3 with no job bites or interviews. I hadn't even found any jobs that I truly thought would be a good fit for me. But I was applying for anything that even came close. Where were all the call center Manager, Sr Manager or Director jobs? Before I left on my bucket list motorcycle trip, I was invited to lunch by a recruiter that I had held a long business relationship with. She told me about 2 specific companies and job openings she thought I would be a good match for. I was excited! Finally! Timing would be perfect. But a couple days later, news came that both positions had already been filled. I left for my trip a bit downcast. I took my laptop with me and used the evenings in my motel to fill out more job applications. But nothing was coming. Then a couple weeks after I got home, I came across a job opening at the main company she had told me about. I immediately applied, thinking this would be the ideal fit for me. Over the course of the next month I waited, getting a bit anxious as the days went on with no contact. Then I was invited for an interview, then a second and then finally a 3rd. (yet to happen as of this writing) I have a good feeling. I have to admit though, that during that time of waiting to see if I would be called back; doubt and anxiety began to try to set in. I made the last withdrawal from my savings account. In 4 weeks I will be completely broke with no source of income. I accepted I may have to take a "menial" job just to get something, and would likely turn to driving to deliver groceries or food. Now, I have spent most of my life in financial stress. Money was a worry when I was a kid, throughout my marriage and in the years after my divorce. I worked hard to dig myself out of a lot of credit card debt. My last 2 jobs paid me very well and I got comfortable. With some other blessings, I paid off all my debt and built up a pretty nice savings. I had plans for that money. Yep. Maybe buy a house, take a big vacation, etc..... But now, here I sit, with almost nothing left. Starting over. Sure, I have several credit cards with huge limits, but I don't want to go into debt again. But God. I have kept faith because in the past, God has ALWAYS taken care of me. And he's done it in surprising and small miraculous ways. I KNOW he is going to come through again. Will it be the way I would like? Maybe not. I likely will have to make some lifestyle adjustments. I have a 3rd/final interview in a few days. The job and the company sound ideal. The salary range quoted is significantly lower than any of my previous jobs. I mean almost half. But I am trusting God. I trust that God knew I was going to lose that job, he allowed it to happen, and there is a reason for it that I can't see yet. Blessings in preparation for this: He provided for me to pay off my car and 2 motorcycles, along with credit cards. I may have to sell the secondary motorcycle, but at least I have the option. I am praying that I get this job and that they come up on the salary. I can feel itsoclose. And yet I have to stay realistic. IF it doesn't happen, I can't and won't lose faith. God has never let me down and he won't again. Might things get tough? Yes, they might. But I've been way down before and he brought me up, so I trust he will do it again if needed. Stay tuned. My God is an awesome god!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misfortunes or Miracles?

Never in My Wildest Dreams - Utah trip conclusion